The Layout menu of the Discussion Manager is used to arrange member icons on the screen to correspond to members’ locations from the perspective of the chairperson as they conduct a meeting.
Details / Sequence of Events
Sign-In to the Meeting Manager App. If you need help logging-in OR understanding Groups, Meetings, Configurations; view the following links:
Navigate to the Main Menu Discussion Manager App menu option on the left. Then select the 2nd Tab at the top of the screen named Layout and a screen similar to the one below will appear. Assuming you have already completed the Configuration Meeting Settings with Member Images, your screen may look something like this, but you will likely see the actual Member Images you linked for each Member in the Meeting Configuration Setup:
Each of the Layout options are described below. Remember, all your changes will be auto-saved as you make changes.
Icon Size Selection (drop-down menu)
- Select the drop-down arrow of the sizing field. Your options are: Small, Medium or Large. Try these options and you will see the icons change immediately. Choose the size that will best fit the screen for the number of Members you have to display.
Drag & Drop Functionality
- You can simply touch or click on any Member Icon to move/drag it to any position on the screen. Do this until this view is in a manner that reflects how the Members sit in the room, from the vantage point of the Chair.
- EXAMPLE: It is recommended that you arrange your members in a configuration that the chair may see as he/she looks at the Members out in the room. The following screen is one example. You can move members around and change the icon size to fit the configuration you desire.
Push Changes (action button)
- If you are already logged into the Discussion Manager, use the Push Changes button to “push” any changes to the DM device mid-session.
You are finished with the Discussion Manager – Layout setup options
- Proceed to the Connections Tab at the top of the screen. Use the following link to view the Connections tab options:
Notes / Special Situations
If you are having any issues that are not successfully addressed above, or you are not successful signing into Meeting Manager, please call OpenMeeting Customer Support at 320.249.0555.